Google has shared a rundown of some changes for GA!
Here’s a quick breakdown of some of the things discussed at the GA Summit
1) A complete revamp of how Google Analytics measures the Ecommerce experience. This beta version will make the product performance report more powerful. Including additional details like:
- Refunds you had to issue,
- Rate at which users add products to their carts
- Purchases after having viewed product-detail pages etc.
2) Give you the ability to measure internal and external marketing efforts
- Shows eComm details for affiliate sites that drive customers to your site,
- Lets you determine how effective your coupons are
- See how internal promotions are being used within your site
(More about these two points at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014841)
3) Overall better reporting to gain deeper insights with new and improved channel groupings for attribution modeling.
4) Even more goodies for GA premium users. 4 new APIs to help you save you time and increase productivity!